French Canadian Voice Over Talent
Native and bilingual French Canadian voice overs. Lili is specialized in commercials, narration, VOG’s, and voicemails for the Quebec French Canadian market. All recordings are executed from Lili’s professional voice over studio. Find out about her availabilities and turnaround times. Rates are in USD.
Finding the right French Canadian voice can be challenging, especially when French isn’t your first language! Many talents out there advertise their services, but unless they are native speakers who have trained and are able to maintain the quality of their French through constant work, local audiences won’t connect with them.
Working with a native French Canadian is not only key in terms of the accent your audience will identify with, it will also ensure that your script is accurate and that you are using local expressions above and beyond the translation you are using. If something is off, Lili will flag it for you and make sure you come across as authentic and respectful.
FRENCH CANADIAN & BILINGUAL VOICE OVER SERVICES
Here are Lili’s most popular voice services.
From portraying unique characters to voicing video game trailers, Lili loves participating in video games. She performs many different types of characters and is oten called upon to portray haunting or edgy characters.
Lili is often called upon to provide live announcements for live events like galas, award shows, conferences, and games (think Canada Games). These special voice recordings are commonly known as VOG’s.
Book a live session!
If your script is under 750 words, you are encouraged to participate during recording sessions by calling into the studio so that you can give your input (and direction) in real time. If you are with an agency and want a true “studio to studio” experience, Lili is a Source Connect user. She records many commercial campaigns for French Canadian television from her iso-booth.
The iso-booth studio is equipped with an Apogee sound card, Grace model 101 preamp, Neumann u87 microphone, Source Connect and telephone/Skype. The acoustics in the studio are excellent and you can count on receiveing professional broadcast quality audio files in .wav or .mp3 formats. If you will be mixing your files with music, Lili can even use a commercial EQ on your recording. Just say the word!
What Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from her, let her customers do the talking!
“Lili has a fun, professional attitude and a great work ethic. I never hesitate to put Lili’s name forward to our clients and I know that she will come through with a great read. The fact that she can deliver in English and French is icing on the cake.”Mark Ovens
“Thank you for your participation in Countdown 2010, held at the Richmond Olympic Oval on February 12, 2009. Your contribution as the voice for the production added a level of celebration everyone in the audience could feel in their hearts as we counted down. The professionalism and enthusiasm you portrayed while rehearsing and executing the event was well received as our team came together to produce this event. We look forward to working with you again on future projects.”Heather Connell
“Whether its TV spots or promotional videos, English or French, last-minute or last-minute, working with Lili is one of the most rewarding parts of our job. The recordings are top-notch and her response to directives is always can-do. A great voice and a great sensibility.”Doug, Felix and Peter
“Lili Wexu is a fresh MODERN voice talent in every respect. Her sound and services are global; her brand is rock-n’-roll enough to engage the “next generation” yet carries enough heartfelt sophistication to infuse any project with the necessary dose of credible, easy authority. Interfacing with this smart professional is quick, simple, state-of-the-art and best of all, FUN.”Nancy Wolfson
“Lili Wexu provided voice for 32 award nominee packs for the JUNO Gala Dinner and Awards. Lili listened carefully to our needs and quickly understood and demonstrated the style we were seeking. She was able to offer several subtle variations for us to choose from. Lili helped us to realize a perfect end-product on budget and on time. Her ability to move effortlessly in and out of English and French names was a bonus for this iconic Canadian event. I would not hesitate to recommend Lili for professional voice services.”Tony Talarico
Lili’s been making Connect It Networks and all of our clients sound sharp & professional for years. Clients always complement us on your great voicemails and messages on hold. You are always such a treat to work with and your product sells itself. Thanks from all of us at CIT.John Puma
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a sample of what my voice over would sound like?
Yes, samples are free, and you are encouraged to get a demo from Lili. This will ensure she is the right fit!
My client is particular and may have some feedback once the recording is delivered, what is the best way to approach this?
If the script is under 750 words, I encourage you and your client to book a live session to make sure the recording is exactly how you want it. Picking up parts of a recording can end up sounding patchy, so lets get it right the first time! If you need to re-record, you can always do so at a discounted rate.
What formats can I get my audio files in?
Are revisions included in the rate?
If I want to hire you, how does it work?
Let us know:
- Who the client/product is (to assess potential exclusivity conflicts);
- Type of project (commercial, narration, live VO, etc.);
- Where the production will be used (tv/radio stations & markets, social media, client website, conference, trade show, internal usage, one time usage, etc.);
- For how long (for commercials: 7-45 day runs, 3-6 months, 6-12 months. For online: 1 year, 2 year, unlimited);
- Word count;
- Whether the voice over should be synched to images or fit within specific timings;
- How you would like the recording to unfold (is Lili recording on her own, are you calling in, are you recording remotely via Source Connect);
- File format preferred (mp3, wav, aiff).
Turnaround Times when you call into the studio (750 words or less)
If you hire Lili to record your voiceover narrations from her professional voiceover iso-booth studio, and listen in to monitor or direct her during the session, she will deliver your files via a file transfer service like Hightail as soon as she has finished editing your files. Turnaround may take from 30 minutes to 120 minutes after your scheduled recording, depending on the length of the narration.
Please give yourself some leeway in the event a narration is taking longer to edit. Bumps on the road may occur and we should all schedule some breathing room for unforeseen circumstances (think power outages, helicopters landing on her roof, etc.) We are kidding about the helicopter, but loud continuous noises can halt production from time to time (rarely, but not impossible).
If your recording is handled by a commercial studio, they will provide you with the edited files.
Turnaround Times when Lili records on her own
Narrations under 750 words:
As a general rule (barring travel or film work), small orders that come through before 2pm ET (11am PT) can be delivered the same day, or the following day depending on your time zone (she is in Pacific Time).
Narrations over 750 words:
- Between 750 and 1500 words, please allow 2 full business days. For example, if you send the order on a Monday before 11am PST (2pm EST), you will receive it by end of day (PST) Wednesday.
- Between 1500 and 3000 words, please allow 3 full business days. For example, if you send the order on a Monday before 11am PST (2pm EST), you will receive it by end of day (PST) Thursday.
- Between 3000 and 6000 words, please allow 4-5 full business days. For example, if you send the order on a Monday before 11am PST (2pm EST), you will receive it by end of day (PST) the following Monday.
Call into the studio to monitor/direct your French Canadian VO session:
When you hire Lili to record scripts of 750 words or less, you have the option of calling her in the recording studio to monitor or direct her while she records your narrations.
- For narrations of 750 words or less, booking a 30 minute slot is usually sufficient.
- For commercials, or if you simply prefer more time to record, feel free to schedule a one hour slot.
Let Lili record your French Canadian VO on her own:
If you trust Lili to record your project on her own from her professional home studio (iso-booth) in Los Angeles, CA, please book time slots according to the length of your script:
- Book here for scripts between 1 and 750 words (delivered within 24 hours)
- Book here for scripts between 750 and 1500 words (delivered in 2 business days)
- Book here for scripts between 1500 and 3000 words (delivered in 3 business days)
- Book here for scripts between 3000 and 6000 words (delivered in 4-5 business days)
Recording your French Canadian VO remotely via Source Connect:
For more control over the recording process, you may hire a commercial studio to record Lili remotely. They will handle the microphone feed from her home studio, and she will sound as though she is in the commercial studio in person. Note that you will have to cover fees charged by the commercial studio. Should this be your preferred method of recording, you may book her for the following durations:
- Make sure you have the final script. Corrections in a recording can make it sound patchy.
- Time your script by saying it out loud and timing it with stop watch to make sure it is the legth you want.
- Get pronounciation of names that will be narrated and keep them in a recording for reference.