Voir cette page en Français. Learn Voice Acting Today.
Are you a film, TV or theater actor looking to expand your horizons behind the microphone? Do you have a sudden voice over audition you’d like coaching on? Do you need to build a home voice over studio quickly? Perhaps you’re a singer and you’d like to expore voice acting, too? Or maybe you find yourself creating characters when you read to your children or talk to your pets and you’re thinking “I’d like to do that all day long”?
If this is you, I can help you learn voice acting, develop your talent, and navigate your way through the voice over industry. If you’re just starting out and need some help with your voice over studio, or if your income has been stagnating for a while, I invite you to read the Voice Acting & Announcing books I’ve written.
Why I Wrote E-Books About Voice Acting
I wrote these e-books because I’ve seen so many people who want to learn voice acting spend outrageous amounts of money on one-on-one coaching with extremely limited results or worse (many completely abandon the field because they have unrealistic expectations and think only a VO coach can fix their issues). In these e-books, I share everything I’ve learned over the past 25 years and give a detailed overview of how the voice over industry works nowadays (pandemic and all). They’re a modern-day VO bible that will save you time, energy and money as they’re affordable and concise. The books address what it takes to make it and how to stay in business if you’ve made it. Here are some of the topics I go over:
- Acting and VO training (what kind, how much, how often and in what order);
- What is expected of voice artists on the job;
- Everything you need to know about getting hired as a voice talent;
- The voice acting budget;
- The important career decisions you may need to make;
- Recording and editing voice overs;
- The truth about recording and editing gear (and voice over industry standards);
- The intricacies of working with sound;
- Building a voice over studio;
- Editing and file delivery standards for voice overs,
- Audio file formats and specifications for VO’s;
- Recording workflow;
- Best voice over business practices;
- Setting rates for non-union actors;
- Billing processes;
- Recording policies;
- Marketing (voice over demos, pay to play sites, the truth about voice over agents, SEO and everything in between).
If after reading my e-books you still have specific questions pertaining to your VO career and VO business, schedule a consult so we can get to the bottom of the issue you’re facing.
Voice Acting Coach
Together we’ll discover your strengths and weaknesses and help you build on them. My coaching techniques will help you become effective at auditioning and booking voice over jobs. With practice, you’ll create original performances in a heartbeat. These tools will also help you build the confidence you need to perform for directors and clients.
Like many actors, I earn a living in many voice over sectors, but I specialize in VO commercials, as a narrator, and as a live announcer (live events like award shows, galas and games). If you need performance coaching in the animation, video games, audio book or TV promo sectors, I’ll refer you to excellent coaches.
Career Consultation Coaching
In a career consultation, we’ll go over your recorded materials (VO demos and jobs you have on file), marketing materials (profiles, websites, any online presence you have), and voice over studio quality (I’ll need to hear some dry samples).
I believe there are three pillars to VO success and they need to be strong in order to keep money flowing in, so we’ll go over each one (VO artist, VO technician, VO entrepreneur) to find out which needs to be strengthened so you can get the most out of your desire to make a living with your voice talent.
Voice Acting & Voice Over Career Coaching & Class Options for Canadians
- Short email feedback for recorded VO auditions: $35 CAD for every round
- Listen to your studio to determine VO studio quality: $35 CAD for every round
- Quick 20 minute voice audition coaching: $50 CAD
- Quick 20 minute “Ask Me Anything” VO career question: $50 CAD
- Quick 20 minute “Ask Lili Anything” VO tech question: $50
- 30 minute voice audition coaching: $65 CAD
- In depth 50 minute voice acting performance class: $150 CAD
- In depth career consultation: $150 CAD
- In depth 50 minute VO tech consultation: $150
- In-studio session VO coaching/directing: $200/hour CAD
- In depth 50 minute VO tech consultation: $150
Schedule Voice Acting Coaching Sessions
To schedule a coaching, reach out by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Payment for VO Coaching Sessions
Once you’ve booked a slot, I’ll send you an invoice which you can pay by credit card. Invoices must be paid before coaching sessions. Looking forward to working with you!